2010年12月2日木曜日

Mercury and the Woodcutter

One day, a woodcutter set off to work in the woods for the day.

I read Mercury and the Woodcutter. I had heard this story in past days. The hero of the story is a woodcutter who has a very good axe. A certain day, he went to work. When he took a break near the riverbank, he dropped his good axe in the river by bad fortune. Then, the river god who name is Mercury appeared in front of him. "I will find it for you," he said. The river god appeared again holding a golden awe in his hand. The woodcutter said "It's not mine". Then, the river god appeared holding a silver axe in his hand. "It's not mine, too," the woodcutter said. Finally, the river god appeared holding the woodcutter's axe in his hand. The woodcutter said "It's mine." Then, the river god gave him the golden and silver axes because the woodcutter was very honest. After that time, a man who has heard story of the woodcutter went to the river, and he dropped his axe. Then, the river god appeared holding a golden axe. "It's my axe," the man said. The river god got angry, and the man never get hi axe back.

I like the woodcutter because he is so honest! I think maybe no one can live a life with honesty like him. If the river god appeared holding a golden axe in front of me when I dropped my axe, I want to say "It's not mine." Of course I want the golden axe, but I want to be person like that man. I may get the urge to lie at some time in the future. However I want to live honestly like the woodcutter. (1.8 points)

293 words

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿